Thursday, July 12, 2012

To Rome with Love

I think I get it that most people just don't like Woody Allen. They don't like how his character's jump in and out of the reality of the film--it's jarring, confusing, and if you don't get it quick you're left several scenes back trying to catch up which makes you feel stupid.. and now you're quietly insulted BY A FILM! Besides, he repeats and rehashes same or similar subject matter with slight variations on jokes with pinches of new insight. But I guess I'm not most people because I get it, keep with the pace, and I very much enjoyed To Rome with Love. I don't know if it is possible to make an ugly movie in Rome. The setting alone makes viewing worthwhile. There are great commentaries on relationships, fame, family.. I recommend it. I love it when characters don't stay put and do what they're told all the time. Let me know what you think about Alec Baldwin in this one--he was my FAV!

No comments: